Dancing with the Stars contestant Alfonso Ribeiro may be forced to quit the show–despite being a fan-favorite–because of a back injury, according to reports on Friday.
Ribeiro, 43, is batting another injury that he apparently sustained while doing a routine, reported People magazine.
He is under medical supervision and might not be able to do his performance on Monday or the remainder of the season, the report added.
On Wednesday, TMZ reported that he hurt his back while performing his iconic dance, The Carlton, as seen on the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
Ribeiro is said to have skipped rehearsal on Thursday due to the injury.
He also sustained a groin injury earlier in the season.
“I hurt my groin doing the Carlton,” he said on the show. “I think I did it so hard that I actually pulled it.”
While also a fan-favorite, Ribeiro is considered a front-runner in winning the whole series. His partner is Witney Carson.
“I’ve been wanting to do this show since the beginning,” he said this week, via Time magazine, and before his injury. “18 seasons have passed and now I’m here and I’m excited and happy to be doing it.”
“I never thought that this would be as easy as it’s been in terms of picking up the choreography and be able to do it and switch dance styles and make it work,” added Ribeiro. “I had no clue that it was going to be like this. It’s been a lot of fun. I think that is a testament to Witney Carson and her ability to teach me and make it work for me.”