Coconut oil is known to have a really mild flavor and is high in all the good fats that are needed for your body. Chef David Mawhinney from Haven’s Kitchen shares three ways to use coconut oil through out your day.
1. Green Smoothie
1/2 pure coconut water
1 cup Baby Spinach, packed
1/4 cup blueberries
2 tsp coconut oil
Ice, as needed
Start by adding some blueberries,bananas, cucumbers and spinach into a blender. Then add some melted coconut oil and coconut water and ice if you want. Blend all the ingredients together.
2. Vita Coco Coconut Oil No- Bake Bars
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup unsweetened peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
2 cups rolled oats
1- 1/4 cup Dark/Semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1/2 cup chopped salted almonds
1. In a bowl, add some oats, chocolate and coconut chips.
2. In the second bowl, add melted coconut oil, peanut butter, and a little bit of honey. Heat all these ingredients up together.
3. Then, pour the heated mixture of coconut oil, peanut butter and honey into the first bowl and mix all the ingredients together with the help of spatula.
4. Once, all the ingredients are mixed well spread it on a pan and refrigerate until the bars are firm. Cut into squares and store into air tight containers.
3. Vita Coconut and Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
2 tsbsp Vita Coco Coconut Oil
1 inch piece of fresh ginger, minced
3 minced garlic cloves
3 chicken Breasts
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 diced green pepper
1/2 pack button mushrooms
4 organic scallions
2 tbsp gluten free tamari
Salt to taste
1 head of Bibb Lettuce
1. Start with heating up Coconut Oil in a skillet and add the ginger and garlic. Saute for a few minutes.
2. Then add chicken and crushed red pepper and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Next, add green bell pepper and mushrooms and saute for 2-3 mintues.
4. Finally, add the scallion with tamari and serve in lettuce as a wrap.