Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick has released a video highlighting his workout in Atlanta more than a week ago.
“A huge thank you to all the people that made this happen in ATL. From our receivers @brice_butler, @BruceElling10, @TheJordanVeasy, @ariwerts – my trainer Josh Hidalgo, the educators at Charles Drew HS & so many more. Can’t thank everyone enough. We stay ready,” he wrote on Twitter on Monday.
A huge thank you to all the people that made this happen in ATL. From our receivers @brice_butler, @BruceElling10, @TheJordanVeasy, @ariwerts – my trainer Josh Hidalgo, the educators at Charles Drew HS & so many more. Can’t thank everyone enough. We stay ready.🎥: @RAVisionMedia pic.twitter.com/2bwDjtlstN
— Colin Kaepernick (@Kaepernick7) November 25, 2019
In the video, Kaepernick is seen throwing to several receivers in an attempt to show that he still has the arm talent.
The 31-year-old hasn’t played a game since early 2017 and later sued the NFL for colluding to keep him from playing in the league. He and a former teammate, Carolina Panthers safety Eric Reid, settled with the NFL for an undisclosed amount.
Aside from taking the 49ers to a Super Bowl, Kaepernick is perhaps best known for his protests during the playing of the national anthem. He and other players around the league drew considerable backlash from fans, who threatened to stop watching games and posted videos of themselves burning their NFL merchandise.
Earlier in November, he worked out in Georgia in front of the media and about eight NFL teams after canceling his NFL-hosted workout hours before it was slated to start.
Kaepernick then said that he’s been training every day for the past three years and called on the league and commissioner Roger Goodell to “stop running.”
“We are disappointed that Colin did not appear for his workout,” the NFL said in a statement at the time, reported ABC News. “He informed us of that decision at 2:30 p.m. today along with the public.”
The league said it won’t affect his future in the NFL. “Colin’s decision has no effect on his status in the League. He remains an unrestricted free agent eligible to sign with any club,” the NFL said in a statement.
But it added that 25 teams were present for the originally scheduled workout.
“I’ve been ready for three years. I’ve been denied for three years,” Kaepernick said following the workout, reported ESPN. “We all know why I came out here, showed it today in front of everybody. We have nothing to hide. So we’re waiting for the 32 owners, 32 teams, Roger Goodell, all of them stop running. Stop running from the truth. Stop running from the people. Around here, we’re ready to play. We’re ready to go anywhere. My agent, Jeff Nalley, is ready to talk to any team. I’ll interview with any team at any time. I’ve been ready.”