Christmas Eve is Saturday, Dec. 24, and a number of stores are open.
It’s worth noting that in specific areas, hours for chain stores might differ. And the vast majority of these stores are CLOSED on Christmas Day.
Walmart is CLOSED on Christmas Day.
Kmart is CLOSED on Christmas Day.
Target is CLOSED Christmas Day.
Costco is CLOSED on Christmas Day.
Kroger is CLOSED Christmas Day.
Publix is CLOSED on Christmas Day.
The only stores that are open are Rite Aide, Walgreens, CVS Pharmacy, and other drug stores. Check hours before going out.
7-Eleven is OPEN.
Albertsons is OPEN until 4 p.m. on Christmas.
Sheetz is open 24 hours per day.
According to TIME, here are more stores that are open Christmas Day:
- Applebee’s: Most locations will be open until 8 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
- Buca di Beppo: Most locations open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Denny’s: Denny’s will stay open 24 hours on Christmas Eve.
- Domino’s: The pizza chain will stay open until 8 p.m.
- McDonald’s: Hours will depend on location, though many restaurants plan to stay open 24 hours.
- Papa John’s: If you’re craving a slice, Papa John’s will be open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Ruby Tuesday: Most Ruby Tuesday locations will close at 9 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
- Starbucks: Powering through the last of your holiday shopping? Starbucks has your java fix covered, with most locations open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Texas Roadhouse: Most locations of this steakhouse chain will be open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
For Christmas Eve:
For Walmart, the store closes at 6 p.m.—two hours earlier than usual.
Target is open from 7 a.m. and closes at 10 p.m.
Whole Foods is open 8 a.m. and closes at 6:30 p.m.
Kmart is open on Christmas Eve until 10:00 p.m.
Sears is open from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Albertsons is open until 9 p.m.
Toys R Us will be open until 9:00 p.m.
Best Buy will be open from 9:00 a.m. until 6 p.m.
Bed, Bath & Beyond stores will be open 8:00 a.m. until 6 p.m.
Old Navy will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Trader Joe’s is open at 8 a.m. and closes at 6 p.m.
Best Buy closes at 6 p.m.
Aldi’s is open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Dollar General is open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Kroger closes at 6 p.m.
Publix is open at regular hours, and closes at at 7 p.m.
Some Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts chains are open on Christmas Day.
According to the New York Times, “Christine Wilcox, a spokeswoman for Safeway and Albertsons, said anyone interested in stopping by to pick up some last minute groceries should call their local store first.”
Bulk store chains Costco and BJ’s will both be closed on Christmas. Costco will close at 5 p.m. on Christmas Eve, while BJ’s will close at 6 p.m.
Essentially all banks are closed, as it’s a Saturday.
Drug stores like Walgreens, Rite Aide, Duane Reade, and CVS are all open on Christmas Eve. Some are open 24 hours on Christmas Day. 7-Eleven and various gas stations are also open.
Schools, the DMV, and the library are closed Saturday.
But the post office is open on Saturday, but check local listings for hours before heading out.