Chinese Doctors Extract 15-Foot Tapeworm From Body of Man Who Ate Raw Meat

March 22, 2016 Updated: March 23, 2016

A 45-year-old man in Nanning, southern China, has been treated for parasites he developed from his love of raw beef and sashimi. Doctors spent five days removing a beef tapeworm 5 meters (about 15 feet) in length from his body. The operation was finished on March 21 at the 303 Hospital in Nanning, capital of Guangxi Province, China Times News reported. He was also affected with Oriental liver flukes. 

The parasites were a result of his love for raw fish.

Medical staff said the parasites were a result of his love for raw fish. 

Tapeworm larvae grow in the intestines of many animals that people use as meat, including pigs and cows and fish. When eaten raw, the larvae in the meat easily enter the human digestive tract, where they can spend decades and reach extraordinary lengths.  Victims may experience nausea, physical lethargy, abdominal pain, and digestive disorders.

The tapeworm. (via mirror.co.uk)
The tapeworm. (via mirror.co.uk)

PAY-Doctors-with-the-five-metre-tapeworm-secreted-from-Chens-body
The tapeworm. (via mirror.co.uk)