President Donald Trump has been given the all clear by his physician to return to public engagements this weekend, according to his Thursday health update.
White House physician Dr. Sean P. Conley said in a daily health update, released with the president's permission, that Trump's physical condition has "remained stable and devoid of any indications to suggest progression of illness" since he returned home from Walter Reed National Military Medical Center on Monday.
Conley added in the memo that, so far, the experimental therapeutic treatment Regeneron, which was made accessible to the president through a “compassionate use” exemption, has not shown any signs of adverse effects for the president.
Conley ended by saying, "I fully anticipate the President's safe return to public engagements" on Saturday, which will be 10 days since the president's diagnosis.
Trump has now completed his course of therapy for COVID-19, as prescribed by his team of physicians, Conley said.
Earlier in the day, Trump hailed his "tremendous luck" with Regeneron and said he was feeling ready to attend campaign rallies.
“I’m feeling good. Really good. I think perfect,” Trump told the Fox Business Channel. “I think I’m better to the point where I’d love to do a rally tonight.”
The president’s diagnosis forced the Trump campaign to cancel five previously scheduled rallies in Florida, Wisconsin, and Arizona.
“Will be back on the Campaign Trail soon!!! The Fake News only shows the Fake Polls,” the president wrote on Twitter shortly after returning to the White House from Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.