Apple Claims Innocence in Celebrity Nude Pictures Scandal

By Kristina Skorbach, Epoch Times
September 2, 2014 5:17 pm Last Updated: September 2, 2014 5:17 pm

The FBI are now involved in the biggest celebrity phone hacking of all time. Over the Labour Day weekend, dozens and dozens of celebrity nude photos and racy photos were released online for the public consumption. 

Many of the celebrities are now coming forward, including Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Upton, Ariana Grande, Kirsten Dunst, among others.

Some are coming forward and admitting that these are actually photos of them, others are saying that the photos are fake. Either way, millions of people logged on to see the photos this weekend even though they were a complete breach of privacy. Celebrities like Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Upton are fighting back by getting lawyers on the case.

The FBI are now involved too. According to TMZ, the FBI said: “The FBI is aware of the allegations concerning computer intrusions and the unlawful release of material involving high profile individuals, and is addressing the matter. Any further comment would be inappropriate at this time.”

Since the FBI has been involved, many of the photos on the websites have been taken down. 

Celebrities, however, are blaming iCloud for the incident. They are also saying that some of the photos that were released were previously deleted by them, which means that the hackers were able to go into the service, find the deleted photos and release them to the world. 

Apple has released a statement saying that it’s not their fault, and that the hacker logged into the celebrity iCloud accounts using their usernames, passwords, and security codes. Apple also says that there was no breach and that it’s working with law enforcement to resolve the issue.