Alec Baldwin and Wife Hilaria Delete Twitter Accounts After ABC Interview

By Jack Phillips
Jack Phillips
Jack Phillips
Breaking News Reporter
Jack Phillips is a breaking news reporter at The Epoch Times based in New York.
December 6, 2021 Updated: December 8, 2021

Both Alec Baldwin and his wife, Hilaria Baldwin, deleted their Twitter accounts days after Baldwin’s interview with ABC in which he discussed the shooting death of “Rust” cinematographer Halyna Hutchins in October.

When trying to access the actor’s main account, the message “This account doesn’t exist” is displayed, signaling that it was deleted. Hilaria Baldwin’s and the couple’s foundation’s Twitter accounts were also both deleted as of Monday morning.

Baldwin’s other verified Twitter account was still online as of Monday morning, although he hasn’t sent any posts from the account since mid-October when the actor merely wrote, “What?”

But Alec and Hilaria Baldwin, however, appear to be active on Instagram. Alec Baldwin posted a tribute to former Sen. Bob Dole after his death was confirmed Sunday.

The Twitter activity comes after Baldwin, 63, was interviewed by ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos to discuss the shooting. Officials in New Mexico said that Baldwin shot and killed Hutchins and injured director Joel Souza in what appears to be an accidental incident, although authorities have not ruled out criminal charges in the case.

Baldwin, in the interview, claimed that he “did not pull the trigger” of the gun and said he “had no idea” how a live bullet made its way on the “Rust” set.

“I would never point a gun at anyone and pull a trigger at them,” he told Stephanopoulos, a former Clinton administration press secretary. “Even now, I find it hard to believe that. It doesn’t seem real to me.”

Lawyers who are not involved in the case said Baldwin’s ABC interview was risky and unwise, as the actor could potentially be charged. The findings of a police investigation haven’t been released yet.

“Alec Baldwin has made a super risky move by agreeing to this interview, especially because he’s taking an absolute position on how the gun was fired,” Los Angeles personal injury attorney Miguel Custodio said in a statement to news outlets last week.

And Rachel Fiset, a partner at the Los Angeles-based Zweiback, Fiset & Coleman, said that Baldwin’s comments during the interview could be used against him by prosecutors.

“Alec Baldwin is clearly devastated by the tragic accidental killing of Ms. Hutchins,” Fiset told Fox News. “He likely feels compelled to speak publicly as a result, and he is sympathetic at times as it relates to the trauma he is experiencing.”

Baldwin, who was the film’s producer, was also sued twice by a script supervisor and a crew member.

Jack Phillips
Breaking News Reporter
Jack Phillips is a breaking news reporter at The Epoch Times based in New York.