Acer announced their new budget phone and wearable earlier on in the year, in June at Computex and they are going to be showing them off in September at IFA and you’ll be able to buy them from the end of September.
Spec wise the phone is mid range and they’ve not yet decided on a price. The Wearable will be $130 upon release.
Here’s the spec of the Liquid Jade, which is the thinnest phone Acer have ever released.
Acer Liquid Jade features and specs
– Display: 5 inch IPS, HD
– Main camera: 13 MP auto focus, F1.8, with LED flash light
– Front camera: 2 MP
– Processor: Quad Core 1.3 GHz, MT6582
– Storage / memory: 8 GB (available capacity depends on country) / 1 GB memory
– Battery: 2100 mAh, Non-replaceable battery
– Dimensions: 140.5 x 69 x 7.5 mm
– Network: HSPA+/WCDMA: 900 / 2100 MHz or 850 / 1900 MHz (depends on market)
– GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850MHz / 900MHz / 1800MHz / 1900MHz
– Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n; Bluetooth 4.0 EDR; GPS/AGPS; Micro SD slot (on Single SIM SKU; use 2nd SIM slot on Dual SIM SKU), Micro USB, 3.5mm audio jack
– Sensors: Light sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, e-compass
– SIM: Optional Dual SIM
– Operating system: Android 4.4
The Liquid Leap, the wearable is a fitness wearable with a claimed battery life of 7 days and is used for tracking steps etc. It also has music controls.
So if you’re at IFA next month go and have a look. Hopefully at some point in September we’ll get our hands on them for review.
Author: James Pearce