7-Year-Old Dies One Day After Doctors Prescribe Him Medication, Send Him Home

January 29, 2018 Last Updated: January 29, 2018

A 7-year-old boy died just days after his diagnosis, according to his family.

Kevin Baynes Jr. was sent home from class in Hurt, Virginia, after throwing up and falling asleep at school, reported NBC 12 in Richmond.

Baynes was taken to the emergency room on Saturday morning, Jan. 27, and doctors gave him prescription medication after testing positive for the flu and strep throat. Then he was sent back home, WRIC reported.

His father said that he couldn’t hold down any food or water, having slept most of Saturday.

The next day, Sunday, his sister attempted to wake up him, but he was cold and not breathing.

The parents called 911, and he was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Kevin is survived by his parents and four siblings.

A GoFundMe was set up for the child. “My cousin passed away this morning and he is only 7 years old and he passed away from the flu and strep throat and his parents are devastated and shocked they loved there little boy very much and his two sisters and brother is going to miss him very much they don’t have the money to pay for his funeral and they shouldn’t have to bury there child at this age so if anybody could help please help,” it reads.

 

Recommended Video: