Einstein once said, “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.”
The Open University, an online educational institute, took this seriously. It came up with “60-Second Adventures in Thought.” Some of the most complicated thought experiments are explained in short animated videos.
Believe it or not, questions of infinity, defining a twin paradox, and other mind-bogglers, are succinctly and clearly explained in one minute for each idea.
1. The Achilles and Tortoise Paradox: Every Motion is an Illusion
2. The Grandfather Paradox: Wrapping Your Mind Around Time Travel
3. Chinese Room: John Searle Explains Why Computers Will Never Be Truly Intelligent
4. The Twin Paradox by Paul Langevin: Special Relativity First Explained
5. Hilbert’s Paradox of the Grand Hotel: Nature of Infinity
6. Schrödinger’s Cat: An Interpretation of Quantum Theory