King Bio is voluntarily recalling 32 children’s medicines over microbial contamination, the firm said on Aug. 22.
The company said that usage of the medicines could result in life-threatening infections, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
“A small percentage of our products produced between 08/10/2015 and 04/2018 have tested positive for microbial contamination. Out of an abundance of caution, we are recalling the products,” according to the FDA news release.
A list of the recalled items’ labels can be found on the FDA website. They include:
• DK Attention & Learning Enh.
• Chicken Pox Symptom Relief
• Children’s Appetite & Weight
• Children’s Appetite Enhance
• Children’s Cough Relief
• Children’s Fever Reliever
• Children’s Growth & Development
• DK Newborn Tonic
• DK Nosebleed Relief
• Children’s Ear Relief Formula
• DK Teething
• DK Colic Relief
• Tummy Aches
• Kids Multi-Strain Flu Relief
• Kids Stress & Anxiety
• Kids Sleep Aid
• Kids Bed Wetting (NP)
• Kids Candida 4 oz
• Kids Attention & Learning (SCRX)
• Bed Wetting Prevention (SCRX)
• Chicken Pox Symptom Relief (SCRX)
• Childrens Cough (SCRX)
• Children’s Ear Formula (SCRX)
• Children’s Fever Reliever (SCRX)
• Children’s Growth & Development (SCRX)
• Colic Relief (SCRX)
• Newborn Tonic (SCRX)
• Teething (SCRX)
• Tummy Aches (SCRX)
• Children’s Apetite & Weight (SCRX)
• Children’s Appetite Enhancer (SCRX)
King Bio said that it is notifying the distributors and customers via letter and is arranging for return or replacement of its recalled products.
Consumers with questions about the recall can contact King Bio by calling 866-298-2740 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, consumers should contact their physician or health care provider if they have experienced any health problems that may be related to taking or using this product.
There have been no reports of illnesses.