A 22-year-old man was found dead in his apartment while holding his phone in his hands in Thailand. Authorities believe he was electrocuted while using the phone when it was being charged.
The young man who has not been named was in bed when the incident happened on May 26, according to the World of Buzz.
The man was reportedly waiting in his rented apartment in Thailand’s Nakhon Ratchasima province for a relative to arrive for a visit. Five hours after he died, his relative reached his door and broke into the house when no one responded.
— Automatic Blogging (@MyAutoBlogging) May 30, 2019
The relative then found him dead, with his finger reportedly “burst.”
The man is survived by his mother who described him as a hard working person and said since childhood he helped his parents sell vegetables in the local market, according to the Daily Mail.
The toddler, Shehvar, had traveled with her mother Razia to her maternal grandparent’s home on Friday.
The next day, someone charged a mobile phone and left the charger’s lead plugged in the socket, forgetting to take it out. While playing around, the toddler put the charger’s lead in her mouth and got electrocuted.
Another daily newspaper, Hindustan Times reported that the child was immediately taken to a hospital but was pronounced dead.
— Sanmarhea (@sanhearn) May 21, 2019
“The family has not approached us with any police complaint, so a case has not been filed. However, if somebody approaches us for a complaint, it will be done according to the norms,” Akhilesh Pradhan, station house officer of Jahangirabad Police Station told Times of India.
The Times of India and Hindustan Times reports contradict each other on the gender and age of the child, which couldn’t be further verified.
In a similar incident, a 7-year-old Indonesian boy was electrocuted to death while using his grandmother’s mobile phone that was still plugged into the electric socket on March 15.
7yo Boy Electrocuted to Death After Using Grandma’s Mobile Phone While It Was Charging https://t.co/DMnxEQT29p
— WORLD OF BUZZ (@WORLDOFBUZZ) March 20, 2019
The shocking incident happened when Tuke’s grandmother had gone out to bring her grazing cow home. She left him at home at 5 p.m. with the mobile phone and when she came back home at 6 p.m. she found him laying on the floor, shirtless as if sleeping.
She walked over to him to wake him up and when she touched his shoulder she got an electric shock. She sought help from her neighbors who rushed inside the house and switched off the electric socket. The police confirmed that Tuke died due to electric shock.