21 Falun Gong Practitioners Confirmed Tortured to Death in 2007

By Li Xun
Li Xun
Li Xun
May 8, 2007 Updated: May 8, 2007

From January to April 2007, 21 more Falun Gong practitioners were confirmed persecuted to death. Amongst them eight were females, and 13 were elderly.

According to a report on Minghui Net on May 5, from January through April, 21 more Falun Gong practitioners were persecuted to death in China.

The vicitms were from 11 different provinces, cities, and autonomous regions, including four from Jilin Province, three from each of the provinces of Heilongjiang, Hubei, and Shandong, two from Liaoning Province and one from each of the provinces of Sichuan, Jiangx, Shanxi, one from the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, and one from Tianjin City.

The report revealed that the 21 victims came from all walks of life including teachers, employees, retired cadres, workers, farmers and business people.

Ms. Sun Houlian from Yantai City, Shandong Province, was captured by the police with three other Falun Gong practitioners in July, 2005. The four were sent without trial to Muping District Detention center and then sent to Wang Village Second Female Labor Camp in Zibo for two years.

By the summer of 2006, Ms. Sun had been tortured so severely she was unable to walk. She could not eat or excrete by herself. She could not see, nor speak clearly.

Because her condition was critical, the labor camp, not wanting to be troubled with dealing with her death, asked her family to take her home. She was released to her family in August 2006. After suffering for anther 5 months, Ms. Sun died on March 16, 2007 at the age of 57.

Chen Qiji, male, a teacher from Jingmen City Secondary School, Hubei Province, died at the age of 46. In 1999, he was sent to a labor camp for three years by the regime because he did not want to give up his belief in Falun Gong.

After he was released, he was arrested again in 2004 because he told people the facts about Falun Gong and the persecution. He was subsequently sentenced to 10 years imprisonment, again without any trial. On February 7, 2007, the prison guards sent the dying Chen back home. He died two months later on April 3, 2007.

According to statistics revealed by Minghui Net, since the start of the persecution in 1999, the deaths due to torture and abuse of 3,030 Falun Gong practitioners have been verified. Because of communist regimes tight control of information, these cases were confirmed through non-government channels.

The actual number of Falun Gong practitioners who have died or “disappeared” since the persecution began is many, many times higher. Independent investigations show that as many as 40,000 or more may have been killed to provide organs for transplant.

Li Xun