Here is a list of 13 random things you shouldn’t microwave. Better take caution or you’ll be in a sea of trouble.
1. Aluminum foil – It catches fire, in case you didn’t know that.
2. Stainless steel travel mugs – The heat will be blocked from warming the liquid and this can damage your microwave.
3. Chinese Take – Out Boxes – The metal handles and plastic can start a fire.
4. Styrofoam Containers – Styrofoam is a type of plastic and plastic is potentially very dangerous.
5. Plastic containers – The chemicals in plastic could end up in your food.
6. Raisins – As they cause smoke.
7. Grapes – Never microwave grapes, as they can catch on fire.
8. Plastic Bags – They are unsanitary, can cause a fire, and emit toxic fumes.
9. Brown Grocery Bags – They are just as dangerous as plastic bags can be.
10. Eggs (in the shell) – The rapid heat builds pressure which causes it to explode.
11. Dried Hot Peppers – The chemical released from them can sting your eyes and burn your throat.
12. Sauce (without a cover) – If you microwave sauce, especially without any cover on it, it’ll cause a huge mess.
13. Nothing – A lack of water molecules to absorb the microwave will damage it.
Now, make sure to heat things up safely.