You know the saying, ‘Give a girl the right shoes and she’ll conquer the world’? Well designers have certainly put their minds this season to prove this saying right and to make us more financially irresponsible when it comes to shoes.
I think we can all agree, women love to spend, and own as many pairs as there are days in a year. Designers know this. So do retail chains. And it seems as if this summer there’s a fashion conspiracy to make us bankrupt in fabulous shoes. Almost all styles are in, and sitting this one out would be such a shame. So let’s get this thing rolling and see which shoes we must buy and wear this summer. SPOILER: the best ones have made the cut, from comfy to impossibly sexy, yet other styles are not excluded.
1. SNEAKERS. They’ve been around since, well forever, but only for the past say… 4 years have they been in the fashion focus of things, paired with anything that crosses our minds from skirts to sequined dresses tosuit trousers or sporty attire. (this of course is a no-brainer, but still stands the test of time). No longer a gym or geek’ish shoe, sneakers and trainers go to Fashion Weeks and even on the red carpets (hello Kristen Stewart!). This summer the white sneakers and thick soled ones are a massive hit as well as the bright styles that just pop against a completely mismatched outfit.
2. GLADIATOR SANDALS. This is not Sparta, but this is Fashion Land for sure. Romans meet Greeks on the streets of every town anywhere in 2014. Thin or slightly thick soled sandals made of thousands of straps that cage the feet all the way to the ankles or even knees – are the shoes to wear this summer if you wanna walk for miles, and miles, and miles, while looking very chic. Black ones are quite the dark edgy statement, nude ones elongate of course, and white ones (in fewer straps) look kinda posh. Colored ones… I don’t fancy, but I’ll take gold or silver styles anytime. Heels too, please.
3. STILETTOS. Opposites coexist. Extremes meet. Contradictions give birth to great styles. It’s the season of all is in, so if you pass by a girl in 70s shoes on the street and then one in stiletto heeled pumps (you know, the classic ones Kim Kardashian is rarely seen without since her Kanye style period), keep walking, in your sneakers or ballet pumps. You’re not off-trend, and neither are they. But, I’ll say this about the stiletto pumps trend: THANK GOD! We’ve been wearing them forever and make any outfit look absolutely trendy.
4. LACE-UP SANDALS. Err it’s stilettos and high-end gladiators reunion people. A party of luxe & fashion at your feet, which, we’ve already covered here.
5. ESPADRILLES. The shoes of summer. Of course they’re back, and we already talked about styling them here.
Click NEXT PAGE to see other shoes styles for this summer