1 Month After Pike County Murders, No Suspects or Motive
The murders of eight relatives of an Ohio family are still a puzzle for investigators.
Officials said that they have received more than 550 tips in the past month. Investigators say they’ve also reviewed evidence and relocated entire crime scenes but they’ve yet to share any conclusions about who targeted the family on April 22 or why.
Sunday marks one month since seven adults and a 16-year-old boy from the Rhoden family were found dead at four properties near Piketon. A coroner determined all but one had been shot repeatedly, and some also had bruising.
Authorities have moved the four mobile homes to an investigation command center in Waverly, saying they hope to preserve the gruesome crime scenes to help with the investigation.
According to the Times Reporter in Ohio, at least 90 employees of the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation are working on the case. “We clearly, from the very start, said ‘This is a priority,'” BCI Superintendent Tom Stickrath said.
The state’s attorney general said that by early May, more than 120 witnesses interviews were collected. More than 100 pieces of evidence were also collected. Those responsible for the slayings covered their tracks well, the office said.
The victims were 40-year-old Christopher Rhoden Sr.; his ex-wife, 37-year-old Dana Rhoden; their three children, 16-year-old Christopher Rhoden Jr., 19-year-old Hanna Rhoden and 20-year-old Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden; Christopher Rhoden Sr.’s brother, 44-year-old Kenneth Rhoden; their cousin, 38-year-old Gary Rhoden, and 20-year-old Hannah Gilley, whose 6-month old son with Frankie was unharmed.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.