CM Punk Still Talking to WWE 2K15 Officials Over Game, Report Claims

By Jack Phillips
Jack Phillips
Jack Phillips
Breaking News Reporter
Jack Phillips is a breaking news reporter at The Epoch Times based in New York.
September 10, 2014 Updated: July 18, 2015

WWE 2K15 officials are currently in talks with representatives of CM Punk, who left the promotion earlier this year.

GameSpot reported on Tuesday that his reps and the WWE are currently meeting to try and solve a range of legal issues, including whether or not to include him in the game.

Sources close to the matter spoke with the gaming website under the condition of anonymity.

The site said there’s a “variety of topics are being discussed with the former WWE champion.”

“A range of outcomes could materialize from these talks, such as the removal of CM Punk from the game, or indeed his unlikely return to the company. Both matters are routinely speculated online, despite their contradiction with each other, and neither has been confirmed by WWE,” GameSpot wrote.

2K Games used CM Punk to do promo for the game a few weeks ago.

Reports this week said that the spat with Punk over the game could delay the game’s release. But, according to Bleacher Report, the WWE or 2K Games has not said the game would come out later.

It’s been targeted for an Oct. 28 release date.

“Unconfirmed rumblings on the Internet have some fans believing that Punk has sued WWE in addition to sending the letter. PWInsider’s Mike Johnson shoots down that rumor, writing, ‘neither CM Punk nor Alberto Del Rio have filed lawsuits against WWE, much less beaten them in court,'” writes Bleacher Report’s Ryan Dilbert.

GameSpot also reported that there’s no lawsuit that’s been filed. CM Punk’s reps and the WWE are negotiating on a number of topics still.

Jack Phillips
Breaking News Reporter
Jack Phillips is a breaking news reporter at The Epoch Times based in New York.