US: China’s Growing Nuclear Arsenal a Threat
China is the only nation boosting its nuclear arsenal, according to a U.S. commander. It’s also developing a new kind of nuclear technology, and Beijing may get the rights to it.
With drought in South China, farmers say crops are failing, as soaring temperatures take their toll.
The same heatwave is sparking fires nearby a major city.
Another U.S. politician visits Taiwan. This time, Indiana’s governor is meeting with the island’s president and its advanced chip-making companies.
Australian diplomacy is taking a hit, with Chinese telecom company Huawei slated to build over 160 telecom towers in the nation’s backyard.
Topics in this episode:
- U.S.: China’s Growing Nuclear Arsenal a Threat
- Drought in China Dries Up River, Kills Crops
- ‘No Harvest’: Central Chinese Farmer on Drought
- Heatwave Sparks Fires near Near Chongqing City
- Indiana’s Governor Meets Taiwan President
- Tencent Quietly Grows Control of Video Games
- China Reduces More U.S. Debt Holdings
- Huawei Signs Telecom Deal with Solomon Islands
- Chinese Canadian Billionaire Sentenced to 13 Years
- China’s Guangdong Mandates Residence Permits
- Video: Chinese Police Running Covid-19 Test Enforcement Drills
- China Property Crisis Deepens, Cash Flow Down
- Strategist: China Real Estate Is Ponzi Scheme
Have other topics you want us to cover? Drop us a line: firstname.lastname@example.org
And if you’d like to buy us a coffee: https://donorbox.org/china-in-focus
Subscribe to our newsletter for more first-hand news from China.
Follow China in Focus on social media:
Click the “Save” button below the video to access it later on “My List”
Follow EpochTV on social media: