When one man pushed the snooze button, he never expected it to save his life

September 7, 2017 7:38 pm Last Updated: September 7, 2017 7:38 pm

 

When Raymond Bowling’s alarm woke him up at 5am one Wednesday morning after a long night of thunderstorms, he did something he doesn’t usually do—he got back into bed and hit the snooze button.

Little did he know this out-of-character decision would save his life.

“I’m a creature of habit, always,” Bowling told CBS News. “I never ever do that, but this morning I dozed back off.”

It had been thundering the night before, keeping Bowling from having a full night’s rest, so he decided to catch up on some sleep—just for a few more minutes.

Just then, a loud crashing sound abruptly woke the southern Indiana man—just before his snooze alarm was set to go off again.

Alarmed, he went to investigate the rest of the house. When he walked into the bathroom, he was shocked at what he saw.

“It was like divine intervention.”

Facebook/Raymond Bowling

Right there where he would have been standing was a massive tree branch piercing through his ceiling.

“If I had got up at that second, didn’t hit snooze and went to the bathroom, I would have been standing right in that spot brushing my teeth,” Bowling said.

Bowling took a picture of the crazy ordeal and shared it on Facebook.

The huge branch had fallen off a 40-foot Pine Oak tree just outside Bowling’s house and crashed through his bathroom ceiling, apparently due to the previous night’s storm.

The winds from the storm were so strong it even caused a semi truck to blow over just two blocks away from his house.

Bowling is simply amazed and thankful for the miracle. “The good Lord was looking out for me for sure,” Bowling said. Bowling’s roof has been repaired but he’s just happy he and his son are safe.