Man Is Hospitalized After Swallowing a Large Tool—When They Take X-ray, It’s Unbelievable!

June 24, 2018 10:58 am Last Updated: June 24, 2018 10:58 am

Everyone has heard a story or two about someone who took on a boneheaded bet or dare. And for emergency room workers, it’s likely they’ve heard more than enough of these stories to last a lifetime, each one weirder than the last.

When this 27-year-old man from Rajasthan, northern India arrived at the hospital, though, his story may have finally topped them all.

Doctors at a nearby town of Deesa were shocked and baffled when Bhanvrabhai Meghwal was rushed in by his family members one day, unconscious and unable to breathe.

The family explained to the ER doctors what had happened, but the medical personnel were in complete disbelief until they saw the X-rays with their own eyes; in an effort to prove to his friends that he wouldn’t back down from a challenge, the young man had truly taken on the strangest of bets.

It took four hours to repair the damage done by a set of foot-long metal tongs, which had torn Meghwal’s food pipe and severely damaged his wind pipe when he chose to swallow them whole.

The tongs, which hospital ENT specialist Dr. Manoj explained were the most bizarre thing he’d ever seen swallowed in nearly two decades of medical practice, were cutting off Meghwal’s ability to breathe and had caused significant internal injuries.

Twelve hours after the surgery, Meghwal finally regained consciousness, so he luckily didn’t find himself becoming a cautionary tale over his antics. Regardless, this will hopefully serve as a lesson to others; if it seems death-defyingly crazy, it probably is.

Source: ©Video Screenshot | Caters