Our stuffed animals will always have a place in our hearts as our first best friends and companions, always there for us with a soft, squishy hug. In this remarkable story, a little boy ended up owing his very life to his beloved stuffed cow!
Stuffed animals can save a life!
2 year old child from yesterday is doing fine. He was held overnight at MGH for observation. Thankfully the stuffed cow broke his fall. pic.twitter.com/rWclFUey1x
— Chief Brian Kyes (@ChiefKyes) June 22, 2017
A two year-old boy, who name has been withheld by authorities, in Chelsea, Massachusetts, fell out of a second-story window this past Wednesday, as confirmed as authorities. According to The Boston Globe, “He could easily have broken bones or been very seriously injured,” explained Chelsea Deputy Fire Chief John Quatieri. According to Police Chief Brian Kyes, it was confirmed that his fall was broken because he clung tightly onto his stuffed toy cow.
“He fell about 16 feet onto concrete.”
It is believed that the boy was jumping on his bed at the time of the incident, before falling out of the window. The boy’s great uncle, Luis Estrada, said he was horrified to see his great grandnephew nearly fall to his death outside the window. “I was paralyzed, said Estrada, “We rushed down to get him and we grabbed him, he was shaken.”
“I thank God for everything. He was watching over us.”
Although the boy had survived with his life, and is believed to have been spared harsher injuries thanks to the toys, he did not come out of the incident completely unscathed. He had some abrasions and a laceration on his forehead, and he was eventually taken to be watched overnight for observation at Massachusetts General Hospital. Fortunately, he was said to be “doing fine” by the next day.
Excuse me, I think I’m gonna go out and give all my old toys a nice, big tug!