Courtesy of Pastry Chef Anthony Beller
This cupcake will remind you of your childhood days of your first encounter with Lucky Charms, and the Irish tradition of St. Patrick’s Day. This easy to make dessert is a perfect treat for kids.
Vanilla Cupcakes (base):
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped out
- 2 cups butter, at room temperature (1 pound)
- 9 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Combine sugar and butter in a mixer and blend until fluffy, then mix in the scraped out vanilla bean. Add eggs, vanilla extract, salt and mix. Lastly add the flour and mix completely.
Pour batter into cupcake molds and bake at 350 for 20-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let it cool.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups “Fluff” (marshmallow topping)
Whisk ingredients together until stiff peaks form.
Put frosting on cupcakes and cover with the marshmallows (try to use mostly the green ones!) from “Lucky Charms” cereal. Watch them disappear!