Chef Nick Chompoonich has spent years coming up with a variety of unique sushi rolls. The idea for Fuji Hana Thai Pepper’s French Roll came from his love of French culture as well as Japanese culture. The light crepe envelopes the entire roll, adding a twist of France to this roll.
Courtesy of Chef Nick Chompoonich
- 2 Sticks Imitation Crab or 2 oz Blue Crab
- 1 ¼ w x 1 ½ l Cucumber (fit to length of roll)
- 1 Tbs. Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 thin slices Avocado
- 2 each Shrimp, boiled and sliced lengthwise in half
- 1 Tbs. Scallions, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup Sushi Rice
- 1 sheet Roasted Seaweed Sheet
- 1 Crepe (maybe be purchased or made at home)
- 2 Tbs. Eel Sauce
Moisten seaweed paper and roll out sushi rice so it covers the surface of the seaweed paper.
Add crab, cucumber, spread cream cheese throughout and then lay avocado, shrimp and sliced scallions.
Roll sushi in a bamboo mat. Then place inside fresh crepe and roll again.Drizzle roll with Eel Sauce.