As heavenly as you could possibly imagine, this light, fluffy and delicious dessert lives up to its name. Cookies, cream, and custard…holy is it ever wonderful! Add a splash of pineapple or lemon extract for an extra kick.
6 eggs, yolks only
6 tbsp sugar
3 oz milk
1. In a saucepan, add milk, sugar and egg yolks; whisk.
2. Heat on high until it almost comes to a boil, continuously whisking. Do not stop whisking!
3. Once the “cream” is heated well (almost boiling), heat on low and simmer while whisking.
4. When the cream thickens, remove the saucepan from heat and set aside.
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 tsp pineapple or lemon extract (optional)
4 tbsp sugar, divided
6 eggs; whites only
1 – 1 1/2 packages of Maria cookies
1. In a food processor, blend cookies until a fine crumble.
2. In a stand mixer, whisk the cream, extract and 2 tbsp of sugar on medium-high; until soft peaks form; approximately 7 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate.
3. Wash and dry mixing bowl & whisk; add egg whites and whisk on medium until soft peaks begin to form.
4. Dust 2 tbsp of sugar over top and stop mixer when incorporated well. Remove bowl from stand mixer.
5. With a spatula fold the egg whites into the whipped cream gently, until incorporated. Transfer cream to a large heavy duty zip lock bag and cut a small slit in the bottom corner making a piping bag.
1. In 6 serving bowls/cups; add 1 tablespoon of cookie crumbs and spread out evenly. Pipe out a level of cream, followed by cookie, and cream again. Lastly, add 2 spoonful of custard, levelled.
2. Dust with cinnamon and refrigerate overnight covered. Serve right out of the refrigerator.