1 1/3 pounds ground pork
1/2 Chinese cabbage shredded
1/2 cup chopped scallion
2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
2 tablespoons fresh grated garlic
1 egg white
5 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 dumpling wrapper packs
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 cup water
1. Mix 1 tablespoon salt with cabbage. Wait until water comes out of the cabbage, then drain thoroughly.
2. Mix all the ingredients (except for water, flour, and dumpling wrappers) together with the cabbage. Stir until the mixture becomes a bit sticky.
3. Put a dumpling wrapper on your palm. Place some filling on the middle of the wrapper, and brush water onto the edge of the upper half of the wrap.
4. Fold the wrapper in half, and close the top opening with your thumb and index finger.
5. Place dumplings on a plate covered with a light layer of flour.
6. Store dumplings in the fridge until you want to cook them.
How to Cook Dumplings
1. Put dumplings in boiling water, and stir to prevent them from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
2. Add two cups of cold water to the pot, and heat until the water boils again.
3. Repeat the previous step two more times.
4. Serve hot.