New York Couple Tie the Knot After Incredible Weight Loss Journey, Losing Almost 600lb

April 8, 2019 Updated: April 12, 2019

A woman was trying all means to lose weight when she met a man who had already been successful at it. Inspired by his weight loss story, she got together with him and a lovely story evolved—they got married!

Ronnie Brower, 32, from Syracuse, New York, weighed 675 pounds (306 kg) in 2012 and embarked on his weight loss journey after doctors told him he had only two years to live.

#TransformationTuesday. The first pic was taken 6 months before I even started my weight loss and I wasn't even at my heaviest yet. #Weightloss #Hardwork

Posted by Ronnie Brower on Tuesday, December 9, 2014

According to the Daily Mail, Ronnie said, “I was depressed, addicted to pills and alcohol, eating 10 double cheeseburgers or two large pizzas at a time. My turning point was, my doctor told me if I kept on like this I’d be dead before I was 30. I was 28.”

He was his heaviest in 2013 and had difficulties leaving his parents’ house. With much urging from a friend, he sought help from Mission Fitness and started working out three hours a day and stuck to a low-carbohydrate diet. He lost 100 pounds (45 kg) in 100 days and could finally leave the house to get to the gym for workouts.

Posted by Ronnie Brower on Saturday, April 29, 2017

“My job 24 hours a day was to get healthy and save my life,” said Ronnie, who also mentioned he enjoyed listening to Taylor Swift whilst working out. He took to Facebook to record his four-year fitness journey, which attracted one woman’s attention, Andrea Masella, who was also trying to lose 120 pounds (54 kg).

By that time, Ronnie had lost much weight after 23 months of working out. “I was just really inspired by him and I thought he was super cute. We started talking at the gym and I hate to sound cliche but it was love at first sight,” Andrea said.

Posted by Ronnie Brower on Thursday, August 30, 2018

Their first date was playing basketball and ping pong at the gym. “We laugh all the time,” Ronnie said.

After losing much weight, he went for four operations to remove 30 pounds (13 kg) of his sagging skin and was grateful to Andrea for being by his side.

Posted by Ronnie Brower on Sunday, May 14, 2017

Fast-forward to May 13, 2017, the couple tied the knot in their hometown after losing nearly 600 pounds (272 kg) together, with their personal trainer as Ronnie’s best man.

And in 2019, they were preparing for the arrival of their first child!

“Im going to be a MOM!! Life is a precious gift. Thank you Jesus!” Andrea wrote on Facebook. “Ronnie, you ready for the ride of our lives?! BABY BROWER DUE JULY 2019!!!”

Posted by Ronnie Brower on Sunday, February 3, 2019

Andrea, who works as a hairdresser, said they would continue to support each other in having a healthy lifestyle and also counsel and inspire others. “Both of us had used food as a coping mechanism; I would just eat my feelings. We’ve gone through a lot of counseling to come to terms with that and change,” she said.

Posted by Ronnie Brower on Saturday, May 20, 2017

Ronnie, who works two jobs, said, “People come to me all the time, asking for weight-loss advice,” Brower said. “I just tell them there’s hope out there. If you want it bad enough and put your mind to it, anybody can do it.”

RECOMMENDED