Jimmy Smith, an MMA announcer, said he discovered more than a dozen stables inside his Chipotle burrito
Smith, who formerly announced for Bellator and UFC, said he found the staples inside a burrito at a Delray Beach, Florida, location.
“I took one bite and it was something hard in there and I pulled it out of my tooth and it was 14 staples,” Smith told TMZ, adding it was “a brick of staples.”
You know what goes horribly with a steak burrito at Chipotle Mexican Grill … STAPLES!!!
“It split up in my mouth and I pulled it out and looked at it and went… these are actual staples in the burrito,” he continued.
“9 FULL-SIZED STAPLES!!!!! Are you kidding me!?! Had to yank one out of my teeth,” he tweeted.
Smith said he called the Chipotle and “freaked out” on the manager, rejecting his offer to remake his burrito.
“I went, ‘No! I don’t want you to touch any of my food,” he added.
Look what I just pulled out of my @ChipotleTweets burrito!! 9 FULL-SIZED STAPLES!!!!! Are you kidding me!?! Had to yank one out of my teeth!! Didn’t even search the rest of the burrito but I’m sure not eating it pic.twitter.com/7qJDdpREg1
— Jimmy Smith (@jimmysmithmma) March 27, 2019
Despite the potentially dangerous situation, Smith said he’s not suing.
“It wasn’t that bad. If I had swallowed those things, yes, then we got a problem. But… this can’t happen to somebody else,” he continued.
“I’ve been through way worse than biting into a staple in my life,” Smith told TMZ.
A spokesperson for Chipotle told Fox News that representatives have reached out to him.
“At Chipotle we take all claims seriously and nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of our customers and employees. We have been in touch with the customer directly and we are reviewing our procedures to ensure this does not happen again,” the statement read.
A Wisconsin boy also got an unwelcome surprise in his fast food meal.
The boy, who had a McDonald’s Happy Meal, discovered a razor blade inside the bag.
Scot Dymond took his 4-year-old son, Emmett, through the fast-food chain’s drive-thru window before they made the discovery, Channel3000 reported.
When they got home, Emmett discovered a hand-held scraping tool with a sharp razor blade attached.
— KOLD News 13 (@KOLDNews) March 5, 2019
The boy pulled it out of the Happy Meal bag and began to play with it.
“He was super excited he had a new toy,” Dymond told Channel 3000. “He started waving it around and I realized it was actually a razor knife.”
The worried father then called the McDonald’s manager to report the dangerous item.
“The manager said they were sorry, and they could comp us a free meal,” he said to WMTV.
What if you found this in your child's Happy Meal?
Police officers asked parents to be vigilant about double-checking any Happy Meal bags given to children.
“Always be aware of what you’re giving your children,” Lt. Dennis Weiner said to WMTV. “Give it an extra eye.”
“(It’s) kinda scary, kinda scary. I understand the blade was also extended when it was found in the box as well,” he also told Channel3000. “I’m sure they were surprised to not have a toy.”