Almond milk is one of the most popular dairy milk substitutes. It has tons of health benefits! However, store-bought almond milk generally contains additives and preservatives. So why not make it ourselves? It is super easy to make, cheaper than store-bought, and you can add any flavors you want.
ALMOND MILK RECIPE
1 cup raw almonds
4 cups filtered water
1 tsp vanilla extract (or choice of flavoring)
1. Soak almonds and refrigerate for 8-12 hours.
2. Drain the almonds and place into a blender along with filtered water. Blend on high for 2 minutes.
3. Add vanilla extract (or your choice of flavoring). Blend to mix.
4. Place a strainer over a big bowl, slowly pour the almond milk to strain.
5. Rinse blender and strain milk (again) into the blender.
6. Pour milk into glass jar and store it into the fridge for up to 3 – 5 days.
For more recipes: Food Ease TV