‘Honor Your Hero’ Photo Essay Contest Official Rules
– The contest is open to all legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older at the date of contest entry.
– The photo should be a real photo of the nominated hero
– No third party may own or control any materials the photo contains, and the photo must not infringe upon the trademark, copyright, moral rights, intellectual rights, or rights of privacy of any entity or person.
– Entries open on June 2, 2021 and close on June 21, 2021.
– Voting will be open from June 2 to June 28.
– Winners will be announced on June 30.
– To vote, emails must be verified through the contest platform.
– Each email can vote on multiple entries, but can only vote once on each entry.
– The top 20 stories with the most votes by the time the voting closes at 11:59 PM ET on June 28, 2021 will be the winners.
– Winners will be contacted within seven days after the winner announcement happens on June 30, 2021 and will have 30 days to claim their prizes.
– Only one winner per nomination and per entrant. If a nomination receives multiple entries, the one with the most votes will be selected.
1st place – One (1) Lifetime Digital Membership for Yourself, and One for a Friend
2nd place – One (1) Lifetime Digital Membership for Yourself, and One for a Friend
3rd place – One (1) Lifetime Digital Membership for Yourself, and One for a Friend
4th place – One (1) Lifetime Digital Membership for Yourself, and a One Year Digital Membership for a Friend
5th place – One (1) Lifetime Digital Membership for Yourself, and a One Year Digital Membership for a Friend
6th place – a One Year Digital Membership
7th place – a One Year Digital Membership
8th place – a One Year Digital Membership
9th place – a One Year Digital Membership
10th place -a One Year Digital Membership
11th place – a One Year Digital Membership
12th place – a One Year Digital Membership
13th place – a One Year Digital Membership
14th place – a One Year Digital Membership
15th place – a One Year Digital Membership
16th place – a One Year Digital Membership
17th place – a One Year Digital Membership
18th place – a One Year Digital Membership
19th place – a One Year Digital Membership
20th place – a One Year Digital Membership
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: I just submitted. How come my story doesn’t show up?
Answer: We will need to approve your submission first.
Question: Do I have to pay to participate?
Answer: No, it’s entirely free to enter and participate.
Question: What if I already have an Epoch Times membership and I win?
Answer: If you win the lifetime membership, then we will stop charging you on your current digital membership. But if you subscribe to our print edition, you will continue to be charged for your print subscription as normal.
If you win a one year membership, then it will be added on to the length of your current subscription.
Question: What if I have a question about my submission or anything related to the contest?
Answer: You can email email@example.com and indicate in the subject Photo Essay Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF MONEY IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF MONEY WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
The “Honor Your Hero” Photo Essay Contest is intended for legal residents of the United States of America only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to U.S. law and applicable state law. Do not enter this Contest if you are not located in the U.S. at the time of entry. The Sweepstakes is sponsored by The Epoch Times Association Inc., 229 W 28th Street. Floor 6, New York, NY 10001 (the “Sponsor”).
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up here and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States only and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 2, 2021 and ending June 28, 2021. All online entries must be received by June 21, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided here. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Optional verbiage to include: You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsor
5. Prizes: The Twenty (20) Winners of the Campaign (the “Winners”) will receive Eight (8) Lifetime Digital Memberships and Seventeen (17) One Year Digital Memberships to The Epoch Times. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by community vote under the supervision of Sponsor. Winner will be notified by email within seven (7) days following selection of Winner. Sponsor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT SPONSOR‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor, and Sponsor’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Sponsor may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Sponsor may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF NEW YORK, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the state of New York having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: ATTN: Honor Your Hero Contest Winner’s List, The Epoch Times, 229 W 28th St Fl 7, New York, NY 10001. Requests must be received no later than August 1, 2021.