Fort McMurray Fire: Updates, Photos, Videos
- 200,000 hectares are burning (as of May 7 at midnight MT)
- A total of 49 wildfires are burning, with seven considered out of control, 12 being held, 23 under control, and seven turned over to the responsible parties.
- More than 1,400 firefighters, 133 helicopters, 295 pieces of heavy equipment and 27 air tankers are fighting the fires.
Call 310-4455 with wildfire-related questions from 7 a.m. to 10 .p.m.
- More than 88,000 evacuated since May 3.
- Mandatory evacuation orders are in place for Fort McMurray, Anzac, Gregoire Lake Estates, and Fort McMurray First Nation.
- Residents of evacuated areas should not attempt to return home.
- There is currently no timeline on evacuees returning to their homes.
- Evacuees should register with the Red Cross by calling 1-888-350-6070 or visiting a local reception center.
The Red Cross has raised more than $54 million for fire victim relief so far.
Donate to the Red Cross here.