Job title: Business & Economics Reporter
Employment type: Full Time
The Epoch Times is seeking reporters to cover economics, business and finance news. The ideal candidate should be grounded in ethical journalism, committed to seeking out and developing sources within a given beat, dedicated to the pursuit of truth, and driven to produce the best reporting in the field.
– Produce original beat coverage for a national and international audience by conducting interviews, seeking out source documents, and analyzing financial reports, macroeconomic data and trends.
– Follow major stories within a beat closely and be prepared, including through pre-writing, to rapidly cover major and breaking developments.
– Bring fresh ideas for coverage to the table on a daily basis.
– Develop a pipeline of feature business stories to be reported and crafted over time.
– Travel to attend events and hearings, conduct on the ground reporting and interview sources.
– Take photographs. The company will provide equipment and, if necessary, training.
– Attend department training and seminar
– Deep familiarity with trends in business world and experience writing about markets, companies, sectors, and economics
– Clear and concise writing on deadline, strong narrative skills for feature articles
– A proven ability to tell complicated stories in a thorough yet readable way
– Ability to take well-composed still photos a big plus
– Bachelors’ degree
– 2+ years of journalism experience, preferably with a focus on business/economics
Send your resume, a cover letter, 2+ samples of your work (URLs and/or attachments, please include links to any relevant photo or videos samples) and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.