An E. coli threat triggered a recall of Glass Onion Catering salads and sandwich wrap products–some of which are sold at Trader Joe’s–with chicken or ham. The FDA said there is a threat that the products are contaminated with E. coli
The recall was initiated in conjunction with other foods regulated by the FDA.
Products that are regulated by FSIS bear the number “P-34221” in the USDA’s mark of inspection.
The products were produced between Sept. 23 and Nov. 6, 2013 and were shipped to distribution centers in Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington.
The FSIS said it began monitoring E. coli O157:H7 illnesses on Oct. 29 and notified the FDA a week later.
“While uncommon to find E. coli O157:H7 in a poultry product, FSIS will continue its investigation in conjunction with the FDA to identify the source of the contamination. FSIS continues to work with the CDC, FDA and state public health partners on this investigation and will provide updated information as it becomes available,” the agency said.
It added that E. coli O157:H7 is potentially deadly and can cause bloody diarrhea, dehydration, and abdominal cramps between two and eight days after exposure.
The products are as follows:
– 12 oz. packages of “delish pan pacific chop salad”
– 13.4 oz. packages of “delish California style grilled chicken salad”
– 9.9 oz. packages of “delish uncured applewood smoked ham & cheese wrap”
– 10.5 oz. packages of “delish grilled chicken caesar wrap”
– 10.9 oz. packages of “delish southwestern chicken wrap”
– 11.5 oz. packages of “delish greek brand low-calorie grilled chicken wrap”
– 9.9 oz. packages of “delish white chicken club wrap”
– 11.2 oz. packages of “delish asian style chicken wrap”
– 13.4 oz. packages of “atherstone Fine Foods Southwestern Style White Chicken Wrap with Chimichurri Sauce”
-10.5 oz. packages of “atherstone Fine Foods Asian Style White Chicken Wrap with Mango Vinaigrette”
– 9.9 oz. packages of “atherstone Fine Foods Grilled White Chicken Caesar Wrap with Caesar Dressing”
-10.7 oz. packages of “super fresh Foods California Grilled Chicken Salad, Low Fat Mendocino Mustard Dressing”
– 10.7 oz. packages of “Lunch Spot Southwestern Style Chicken Wrap, Chile & Lime Dressing”
– 9.2 oz. packages of “super fresh Foods Pan Pacific Chopped Chicken Salad, Ginger Soy Dressing”
– 10.7 oz. plastic containers of “TRADER JOE’S Field Fresh Chopped Salad with Grilled Chicken.”
– 11 oz. plastic containers of “TRADER JOSÉ’S MEXICALI SALAD with Chili Lime Chicken.”
The products were produced between Sept. 23 and Nov. 6, 2013 and shipped to distributions centers in