Job title: Copy Editor
Employment type: Full Time
The Epoch Times is looking for a full-time copy editor to join our dedicated print team.
You will work remotely but in close communication with our copy chief to ensure our content meets our standards of quality, accuracy, clarity, and style. You have an excellent eye for detail, fact-checking, and the conventions of journalistic writing across news and feature content, as well as strong news judgment. You can see the big picture of a story while minding the minor details, ensuring the language of the story communicates what the writer intended. You have a strong sense for meaning, tone, and rhythm, knowing when an error requires a straightforward fix or must be queried. You are flexible and open to improving through feedback, as well as helping others improve by giving honest but considerate feedback. You are able to focus and manage your time well to meet tight deadlines.
The Epoch Times is an independent, nonpartisan media outlet that reports on U.S. news, politics, world news, and other topics with the highest standards of integrity. Our other content areas include business, healthy living, food, travel, and traditional arts and culture. Our copy editors work across all content areas for our daily, weekly, and monthly print publications.
– Available to work remotely Sunday through Thursday, 11:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. ET
– A bachelor’s degree in a writing-intensive major, or equivalent on-the-job training and experience
– Ability to work independently while remaining in close communication with colleagues
– Strong editorial and grammar skills, with an excellent command of the English language across multiple genres of writing
– Experience with fact-checking
– Experience working for a daily or weekly newspaper preferred
– Proficiency in AP style preferred
– Experience with Google Suite preferred
– Experience with Word Press and content management systems a plus
Along with your résumé and references, please include a cover letter explaining your interest in working for The Epoch Times, sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.