For two decades, scientists have been quietly developing self-spreading contagious vaccines. The National Institutes of Health funded this research, in which either DNA from a deadly pathogen is packaged in a contagious but less harmful virus, or the deadly virus’s lethality is weakened by engineering it in a lab.
The resultant “vaccines” spread from one person to the next just like a contagious respiratory virus. Only 5 percent of regional populations would need to be immunized; the other 95 percent would “catch” the vaccine as it spreads person-to-person through community transmission.
This technology bypasses the inconvenience of recalcitrant citizens who may refuse to give consent. Its advocates highlight that a mass vaccination campaign that would ordinarily take months of expensive effort to immunize everyone could be shortened to only a few weeks.
Scientists have already shown proof of concept in animal populations: In 2000, Spanish researchers injected 70 rabbits with a transmissible vaccine and returned them to the wild where they quickly passed the vaccine on to hundreds more, reportedly stopping a viral outbreak. European countries are now testing the technology on pigs.
In the wake of the COVID pandemic, about a dozen research institutions in the United States, Europe, and Australia are investigating the potential human uses for self-spreading vaccines. The federal Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, for example, is examining this technology for the U.S. military to protect against the West African Lassa fever, a virus spread by rats to humans. This project, it should be noted, doesn’t require the consent of our military service men and women.
In 2019, the UK government began exploring this technology to address the seasonal flu. A research paper from its Department of Health and Social Care advised that university students could be an obvious target group:
“They do not work so [vaccinating them] will not cause much economic disruption and most have second homes to go to, thereby spreading the vaccine.”
Researchers admitted a contagious vaccine for an attenuated flu virus would cause some deaths but estimated these would be less than the original influenza virus. As the UK government report described:
“Self-spreading vaccines are less lethal but not non-lethal: they can still kill. Some people will die who would otherwise have lived, though fewer people die overall.”
As the saying goes, you can’t make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. Or, in Lenin’s formulation, if you’re going to chop down a forest, then wood chips will fly. Contagious vaccines are in our future, their champions claim, and are no different from putting fluoride in drinking water. Plus, for those who find jabs unpleasant, there are fewer needles required.
Government-funded research of lab-engineered viruses to create contagious, self-spreading vaccines that bypass the consent of citizens. What could go wrong?
From the Brownstone Institute
Views expressed in this article are the opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Epoch Times.