Candle Started Fire That Destroyed Home in Lorain, Ohio: Officials

February 16, 2016 Updated: February 16, 2016

A candle started the fire that ultimately destroyed a home in Lorain, Ohio, fire officials said.

The candle was left burning in the living room overnight.

The blaze started around 6:45 a.m., with fire crews arriving soon after.

Fire destroys Lorain house

Fire officials say a candle caused the fire that destroyed a Lorain home this morning http://via.fox8.com/hqMHV

Posted by Fox 8 News on Monday, February 15, 2016

 

But by the time they arrived, the West Eighth Street home was fully engulfed, reported Fox8.

Although the home was destroyed, firefighters were able to prevent the blaze from spreading to other homes.

RECOMMENDED