Bryan Silva, the Vine video producer, has not been killed in a shooting, and he recently posted a video on Wednesday, with his trademark “#gratata” hashtag.
Over the weekend, a fake news report went viral that says Silva, 23, was “gunned down” for using racial slurs.
The false report was posted on Huzlers.com, which has a disclaimer saying it doesn’t publish real news.
“Huzlers.com is a combination of real shocking news and satire news to keep its visitors in a state of disbelief,” reads the website’s About Us section at the bottom of every page.
“Around 11:00 a.m., Brian, 23, was gunned down just outside a doorway at 1840 W Broad St. He had been shot five times in the head, becoming the first Caucasian killed in the area for overusing the ‘N’ word,” the fake article says. “At the scene, Bryan’s body remained where he fell with a white sheet covering for an extended amount of time and in view of his relatives. Their emotions shifting from shock, to sadness and then anger.”
The hoax has been debunked by a number of websites, but on Thursday, social media users were still saying Silva had died.
“Bryan Silva died,” one person said on Thursday afternoon.
Added another, “Bro ,Bryan silva just died . #nomoregratata.”
Silva, an aspiring rapper and bodybuilder, has been the butt of a number of jokes in recent weeks after he started posting videos of himself without a shirt.
On Wednesday, he posted another Vine video of himself looking in the mirror and attempt to rap.