Mondays. They’re the best of times, they’re the worst of times. Or maybe just the latter if you’re to pay any attention to all the facebook Monday hatred memes going around. Still, not all is lost on Mondays, ’cause alongside the blues, we get to play with fashion and take style to work.
If our love for all sartorial things has taught us a valuable lesson it’s that this ‘passion for fashion’ is both a gift as well as a nightmare. How many of you really wake up and start singing of joy ’cause it’sMonday, and use the extra hour before work to try on outfits with a smile on your face, only to finally, pick a colorful posh combo to go with your Monday happiness? Yes, I thought so.
If this is you, then read no more.
If however, every single week, for 3 out of 5 times you find yourself running late, burred in clothes that to a mere mortal would make killer outfits, but to you they’re all crap that bring out the fashion monster inside you, leaving you looking stupid in your underwear staring at piles thinking “Great! I’ve got nothing to wear”, then I’ve got 2 things to tell you.(1) This post is for you, and (2) You’re husband/BF/roommate (with no fashion penchant) probably thinks you’re crazy.
Because the recurring question of what to wear to work is pertinent from Monday all throughout Friday, why not take a deep breath and put our creative fashion minds to work. With one side note: we need to figure out how to stop dressing boring to work! If you’ve got the secret please share.
So here are 5 looks & outfit ideas for work, to get you from Mondays to Fridays:
1. The CLASSIC look is probably the most common and easiest way to dress for office, regardless of your job, but also the most likely to get you looking boring, unless you remember this TIP: always wear a statement piece, or just a more fun item to your look (shoes, bag, jewellery, watch, lips, nails. It’s all in the details.).
2. The CASUAL business look, or the-can-I-wear-jeans-to-work is actually pretty easy to do and quite versatile. The TIP is to always wear heels, a very smart/feminine top (think silky blouse, men-shirts, structured tops), a blazer and a professional bag. Have fun with accessories and even shoes and bags depending on your job.
3. CARELESS CHIC is a look for those who’ve got slightly more penchant for fashion but look like they don’t give a crap, yet, to the trained eye they’re street-style-worthy. The TIP is to: clash different style items, play with shapes (slouchy versus fitted), with looks (feminine and masculine). Heels look best with this style, yet brogues or oxfords do the trick as well.
4. GLAMOROUS at the office is a look for all those women who rule the world, and would rather do it in bright lips, sky high heels and outfits that can go from 9 am to late dinner cocktails. The TIP is always in the posh fabulous heels. Expensive perfumes, rich fabrics, pencil skirts and silky blouses, long trousers, statement golden necklaces, brand watches and massive bags or clutches. These ladies are not afraid to flaunt it all.
5. SOPHISTICATED office wear is easy to do, but it needs training, so experiment away and have fun with clothes. The TIP for this look is: enjoy fashion and always wear at least 1 statement piece, clash styles, use a classy look for a start base and then add itemes according to your personality and job: men inspired looks with super sexy heels, massive bling, sporty luxe sweatshirts with classy pencil skirts, hats, prints, leather, sheer, denim – all that the non-connoisseurs label as work inappropriate is quite the opposite, because it’s about styling them & making them work. Told you… it’s about having fun.
Fetaured image via just-another.me