Hotels Floating On Water
Floating hotels, or “floatels,” are the latest innovative and insta-worthy accommodations. Here are 10 of them.
1. Ocean House in Haida Gwaii, Canada
There are only 12 rooms at this remote wilderness lodge, which is only accessible by air.
2. Les Cabanes des Grands Cepages in Sorgues, France
These eco-friendly floating cabins are located close to the city of Avignon in France’s Provence region.
3. River Kwai Jungle Rafts in Sai Yok, Thailand
Located in Sai Yok National Park, the hotel helps visitors with activities like hiking, mountain biking, and river canoeing.
4. 4 Rivers Floating Lodge on Koh Andet Island, Cambodia
Step out of your villa onto a private terrace, the scenery of Cardamom Mountains is right there.
5. Gili Lankanfushi in Male, Maldives
Staying on a floating hotel villa located on a private island defines the term of luxury.
6. The Good Hotel in London, United Kingdom
Located just outside London, this floating hotel has small but smartly designed rooms, as well as a popular rooftop terrace and lots of common spaces.
7. Taj Lake Palace in Udaipur, India
As one of the oldest floating hotels in the world, it was built in 1746 as a pleasure palace and restored as a hotel in 1963.
8. ArkaBarka Floating Hostel in Belgrade, Serbia
Right on the Danube in Serbia, ArkaBarka is an affordable floating hotel option.
9. Hotel OFF Paris Seine in Paris, France
The hotel is actually a floating barge and popular among younger travelers, offering a Sunday brunch and theme parties.
10. Arctic Bath in Harads, Sweden
This floating hotel will offer views of the northern lights in the winter and sunbathing in the summer at the outdoor pool. It was planned to open in 2018, but no opening date has been officially set.