According to a letter from mainland China, a large number of "Quit the Chinese Communist Party (CCP)" slogans, along with the slogans called for an end to the persecution of Falun Gong, have emerged in the streets of a big northern Chinese city around mid-November, resulting in many discussions among locals shocked by the news.
The letter claimed that massive slogans and articles were seen on telegraph poles, community billboards, residential building walls and security doors in the city. The contents of these slogans include:
· "The senior Party cadres quit the CCP"
· "Withdrawal statement of the Party committee secretary and the bureau chief of the Shenyang City Judicial Bureau"
· "Member of Tianjin Public Security Bureau 610 Office, Hao Fengjun, claims to quit the CCP and its related organizations"
· "Resignation statement of the former first secretary of the Chinese Consulate in Sydney, Chen Yonglin, and his wife"
· "Withdrawal declaration of singer Guan Guimin"
· "A professor's statement of quitting the CCP"
· "Local policeman claims to withdraw from the evil Party" · "Police resignation announcement"
· "I feel deeply shameful about being a party member and am very disappointed"
Other slogans say: "Withdrawal declarations from the CCP have surpassed 28 millions" and "Heavens will destroy the CCP, three withdrawals (withdraw from the Party, the Youth League and the Young Pioneers) ensure your own safety."
The slogans advocating the end of the persecution of Falun Gong include:
· "Wang Zhaojun, member of the Anhui Provincial People's Political Consultative Conference, calls for an end to the persecution of Falun Gong"
· "Expose the evildoings, stop the persecution; justice has long arms, good and evil have their own rewards"
· "The CCP harvests organs from living Falun Gong practitioners making a profit for its own benefit," and "Pay our respects to Falun Gong practitioners"