Enthusiastic bakers and cake artists showed off their cake-decorating skills at the Fifth Annual NY Cake Show this past weekend, held at Pier 36 in Manhattan.
The Broadway-themed cakes found inspiration from shows through the ages, from “Chicago” to “The Lion King.” The cake competition was first founded by cake artist Lisa Mansour, the owner of NY Cake and NY Cake Academy, in 2013. Here are the winners below. Make sure to check out photo highlights following.
Best in Show Winner:
Ashley Holt, Sugar Monster, Brooklyn, New York, Kinky Boots Show Table Cake
Top Contestants of Every Category:
- Wedding Cake: Chrissie Boon (Too Nice to Slice)
- Celebration Cake: Nichole Ferello
- Sculpture: Lidia Lourenco
- Shoe Display: Sandra Durbin (Sandra’s Cakes)
- Show Table: Melissa Alt (Melissa Alt Cakes)
- Sugar Flowers: Yuka Sukegawa
- Decorative Cookie Display: Amanda Mccrea
- Decorative Cupcake Display: Diane Fehder (Diane Michelle Cakes)
- Buttercream Wedding Cake: Charmaine Esh
- Dessert Bar: Joseph Settepani
- 11. Non Cake Display: Rei Tamagawa
There were these pretty Cinderella slippers:
This one will have you singing “Tales as Old as Time”:
This one was inspired by “Anastasia”:
The Phantom lurks somewhere …
This is sort of a Lion King totem:
Call the nanny!
The cake work was truly spectacular:
And of course, what’s a cake show without cake shoes?