B-Daddy’s Pulled Pork Tacos Recipe
B-Daddy’s Pulled Pork Tacos
You can’t visit Texas without having a taco, or three, as they are served at B-Daddy’s. The deliciously tender and slightly sweet pulled pork is heaped in a warmed tortilla with creamy chipotle slaw.
Prep and Cook Time
Hands-on: 10 minutes • Total: 10 minutes
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 2 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 6 ounces pulled pork, warmed
- 1/2 cup B-Daddy’s Chipotle Slaw
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce (such as Head Country Barbecue Sauce)
1. Melt the butter in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high until it foams. Add the tortillas, and cook until bottoms are lightly charred, about 30 seconds. Turn and top evenly with the pork; cook 30 seconds.
2. Remove the tortillas, and slightly fold. Top each with about 1/4 cup of the slaw and 1 tablespoon of the barbecue sauce, and serve immediately.
Recipe for B-Daddy’s Chipotle Slaw:
Hands-on: 15 minutes • Total: 15 minutes
- 1/2 head red cabbage, cored and finely shredded
- 1/2 head green cabbage, cored and finely shredded
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch scallions, finely chopped
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chipotle salsa
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 lime, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Using tongs or clean hands, thoroughly toss mixture until combined. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Reprinted from “The South’s Best Butts.” Copyright © 2017 Oxmoor House. With permission from Time Inc. Books, a division of Time Inc. New York, NY. All rights reserved.