Classic Meatloaf Gets a Spicy Kick
Ming Tsai’s Dijon Meat Loaf
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sambal
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 large onions, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Wan Ja Shan organic soy sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Wan Ja Shan organic Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup panko
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Canola oil/cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Oil a 1 1/2-quart loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper or use a meatloaf pan.
In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons Dijon and 1 tablespoon of sambal and set aside.
In a large nonreactive bowl, combine the ground turkey and pork. Add the onions, garlic, the remaining 1/4 cup of sambal, soy sauce, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, and panko. Season with salt and pepper and, using your hand, mix well.
Fill the pan with the mixture, and bake until cooked through, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Unmold, slice, and serve with the sambal mixture on the side as a condiment.