‘Tis the season for hot drinks that bring happiness to what can otherwise be a somewhat dreary season filled with cooler temperatures and less sunlight. Fix that by making this highly health promoting tea, that just may start off your day with a smile.
The purpose of this recipe is to incorporate the highly beneficial properties of matcha green tea, and give it a delicious twist so that you can’t help but come back for more. With 10x more nutrition than brewed green tea, 1000% higher in antioxidants than blueberries, and well known to boost mood, enhance concentration, and improve cognitive function, this is a green tea you want in your corner!
It could even replace your coffee.
- Small pot
- 12 oz of almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 tsp of matcha green tea
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp of nutmeg
- 5 drops of vanilla stevia OR 1/4 tsp of vanilla and stevia to sweeten
- Place all ingredients (minus stevia) in blender and blend slowly to mix well
- Return mixture to small pot and heat gently on stove to desired temperature
- Pour mixture into your favourite mug
- Add stevia or sweetener of choice
Enjoy in moderation, and when you need a boost (matcha green tea contains caffeine, so judge accordingly)
Derek Henry is a Holistic Health Coach for Healing the Body
*Image of “matcha latte* via Shutterstock