You may also like
More in Recipes
3 Healthy Smoothie Recipes for Summer
Celebrate National Cheesecake Day With These 13 Mouthwatering Recipes
Recipe: Guilt-Free Chocolate Mousse (Video)
Tofu Chocolate Brownies are not necessarily meant to be the healthiest treat in the whole world and they use a good amount of coconut sugar to sweeten, not to mention handfuls of vegan chocolate chips. But, they are good – and I mean, good.
1 ¼ cup gluten-free flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
⅔ cup cocoa powder
2 cups coconut sugar
1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips, plus an extra ⅓ to ½ cup for topping, if desired
12.3 ounce package silken tofu
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup applesauce
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Spray an 8×8″ baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
2. Combine the gluten-free flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, and chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl. Use a whisk to combine.
3. Next, place the tofu, almond milk, vanilla extract, and applesauce in the base of a blender or food processor and process until combined.
4. Pour the mixture from the blender into the dry ingredients and use a spatula to stir together. Lastly, stir in the coconut oil.
(Courtesy of Carrie on Living)
5. Transfer the batter into the baking dish, sprinkle the top with the extra chocolate chips (for extra sweetness, if desired) and bake for 45 minutes. Let it cool thoroughly before serving for the best texture and flavor.
For the best texture and sweetness, I recommend chilling the brownies complete before serving. That is, if you can wait that long.
Image of “chocolate brownies” via Shutterstock.