Star Wars Episode 7 Rumors: Are Dagobah, Endor, Tatooine Featured Locations in Episode VII?
More in Film & TV
The Big Bang Theory Season 8: All the Spoilers So Far (+Episode 1 Air Date)
Sons of Anarchy Season 7: Courtney Love Cast to Play Abel’s Preschool Teacher
Fenrir Greyback Actor Dave Legeno Dead: Found in Death Valley, California
Star Wars: Episode VII may revisit some familiar planets in the Star Wars universe.
According to the Daily Mail, director J.J. Abrams and his crew are currently filming Episode VII scenes in the Puzzlewood, the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire.
Puzzlewood has been used to film Doctor Who, Atlantis, and Merllin by the BBC, and is said to have inspired J.R.R. Tolkien’s woodlands in Lord of the Rings.
This could mean that the Episode VII could revisit the mysterious forest/swamp world of Dagobah, where Master Jedi Yoda resided in exile, or the Forest Moon of Endor that the Ewoks inhibit, according to fan speculation.
In the original trilogy, Endor was filmed in California, and Dagobah was filmed in Elstree Studios in the United Kingdom.
Also, Bad Robot productions recently tweeted a photo of an IMAX camera shooting an Episode VII sand dune scene.
— Bad Robot (@bad_robot) July 8, 2014
This suggests that the desert world of Tatooine could feature. Tatooine is where the legendary Jedi Luke Skywalker lived for most of his childhood and early adult life.
Star Wars: Episode VII will be released in cinemas on December 18, 2015.
The old cast of Harrison Ford (Han Solo), Mark Hamil (Luke Skywalker), Carried Fisher (Princess Leia Organa), Anthony Daniels (C-3PO), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), and Kenny Baker (R2-D2) will return.
John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Max von Sydow, Lupita Nyong’o, and Gwendoline Christie will also feature.
See an AP article about Harrison Ford’s injury.
Ford injury to halt ‘Star Wars’ for 2 weeks
NEW YORK (AP) — Harrison Ford’s injury will cause production on “Star Wars: Episode VII” to be suspended for two weeks.
Disney announced Sunday that shooting would be halted for two weeks in August to adjust the production schedule following Ford’s injury. The 71-year-old broke his leg in June during filming of the much-anticipated sequel at Pinewood Studios outside of London.
Disney had said earlier that Ford’s injury wouldn’t cause any delays. The studio said Sunday that “Episode VII” is still “on track” to wrap in the fall and be released in December 2015.
The accident involved a spacecraft door on the Millennium Falcon falling on Ford’s leg. His recuperation was expected to take up to two months.