Basic Couscous Recipe (+Video)
Couscous, granules of semolina, traditionally serves as a sauce absorber under stews and braises, but it can also be a quick and flavorful side dish for a variety of foods.
1 tbs unsalted butter
1 cup couscous
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
Ground black pepper
1. Heat butter in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. When foaming subsides, add couscous and cook (for about 5 minutes) stirring frequently, until grains are just beginning to brown.
3. Add water, broth; stir briefly to combine, cover, and remove pan from heat.
4. Let stand until grains are tender (for about 7 minutes).
5. Remove lid and fluff grains with fork. Season with pepper to taste and serve.
For more recipes: Food Ease TV