Vhong Navarro Latest News: Navarro Released From Hospital, Details Further Abuse
You may also like
More in Asia & Pacific
Cedric Lee: Vina Morales Did Not File Physical Abuse Complaint Against Ex-Boyfriend
Deniece Millet Cornejo ‘In High Spirits’ Amid Legal Battle with Vhong Navarro
North Korea Could Cancel Reunions of Divided Families
Vhong Navarro was released from the hospital much earlier than expected, in the latest news update on the actor and television host’s situation following getting beaten.
Navarro left the hospital two weeks after the attack in Taguig, which forced him to get multiple surgeries.
An attempted rape claim made against him by Deniece Cornejo and Cedric Lee has been overshadowed by his story that he was tied, beaten, and blackmailed by the pair and a group of five others.
CCTV footage from the apartment building appears to back up his story.
Navarro submitted two supplemental affidavits to the Department of Justice after he was released on Thursday, adding that in addition to the previously detailed abuse, his private parts were abused. Like other parts of the blackmail, that part was also recorded on video, he said.
The new affidavits submitted by Navarro include text messages allegedly sent by Lee to the actor.
Navarro said that he was hospitalized due to ”contusion hematoma around his eyes, forehead, chin and some parts of his extremities,” according to his doctor, reported ABS-CBN.
He has recovered about 80 to 90 percent, the doctor said.
Navarro thanked his supporters, saying “Many thanks for all the prayers, and those who believed me. Many, many thanks.”