In Beyond Science, Epoch Times explores research and accounts related to phenomena and theories that challenge our current knowledge. We delve into ideas that stimulate the imagination and open up new possibilities. Share your thoughts with us on these sometimes controversial topics in the comments section below.
Over the past decades, various individuals—including pilots, astronauts, and government officials—have come forward with evidence of UFOs, space aliens, and government involvement in the covering up and harvesting of alien technology.
Some skeptics claim, however, that there is no physical evidence of UFOs and that the eyewitness accounts come from unreliable sources, which are either seeking fame or are out of their minds.
Perhaps the most credible source regarding UFO phenomena is former NASA astronaut and sixth man to walk on the moon Dr. Edgar Mitchell.
“There is no doubt we are being visited,” said Mitchell in a Paradigm Research Group press conference on April 20, 2013.
Mitchell described the U.S. cover-up and policy of denial as an “embargo of truth.” Although Mitchell has had no first-hand contact with extraterrestrial (ET) beings, he has spoken out about the existence of aliens, alien visitations, and reverse engineering of alien technology by the U.S. government.
Mitchell is originally from Roswell, N.M., home of the famous alien crash site of 1947. Although Mitchell was a teenager in 1947, he revisited his hometown in the 1970s after his Apollo flight. Many of the original eyewitnesses to the crash—including the sheriff at the time—came to Mitchell with their stories, telling him of alien bodies and the threats and harassment they endured during the cover-up.
Mitchell was apparently briefed on the UFO phenomenon during his years within military and intelligence circles. He described most UFOs as being “homegrown,” or reverse-engineered crafts based on original alien technology but not nearly as advanced as the originals, according to his 2008 interview with the U.K.’s Kerrang Radio.
Astronaut Gordon Cooper, one of seven in the United State’s first manned space program Project Mercury, also came forward regarding UFOs and ETs. In an interview with Sirius Disclosure, a project working to disclose information about UFOs, he told a story about a close encounter he had on a dry lakebed during the filming of a precision landing facility. A UFO saucer flew overhead, extended landing gear legs, and landed on the dry lakebed near the facility’s construction. As the camera crew picked up their gear and began to move toward the saucer, it flew away at a high speed. Cooper sent the developed film to certain authorities in Washington, D.C. After he reported the incident, the film was never seen again.
Before Cooper’s involvement with the NASA Mercury space missions, he was actively involved in the U-2 Spy Plane project, which was so classified that he couldn’t even talk about it with his own family.
Former Canadian Minister of Defense Paul Hellyer attended the Citizen Hearing on Disclosure in Washington, D.C., in May 2013, at which he encouraged the United States to disclose its knowledge of UFOs and aliens. Hellyer stated that there are “at least four species had been visiting Earth for thousands of years,” according to a video of the event. “They are different species, and consequently may have different agendas,” added Hellyer.