NASCAR Talladega: Fan Death Caused by Suspected Carbon Monoxide Leak
Sprint Cup Series driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. (88) leads a pack of cars through the tri-oval during the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series auto race at the Talladega Superspeedway in Talladega, Ala., Sunday, Oct. 20, 2013. (AP Photo/Jay Sailors)
More in Sports News
Mucho Macho Man Wins Breeders’ Cup Classic
Ohio State, Michigan State In Control Of Big Ten
Kids Across Minn. Can Try Hockey for Free Saturday
A NASCAR Talladega fan died due to a carbon monoxide leak while he was camping out. The death was reported over the weekend.
Talladega County Sheriff Jimmy Kilgore told The Associated Press that friends of the man and his wife found both unresponsive inside a motor home where they were camping out. The motor home was parked at the Talladega Super speedway on Saturday.
The man is the second person to die while camping out at the Talladega track this year. In May, a Georgia man drowned in a creek near the track.
The couple was most likely using a gas stove to heat up their motor home, and there appeared to be a problem with the generator’s exhaust system, said Deputy Coroner Larry Seals.
The wife was hospitalized in Birmingham and her husband has not yet been identified, reported WNCFTV.